The Over30's Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In-Game Stories

4 posters

Go down

In-Game Stories Empty In-Game Stories

Post by TheBaldyBuddha Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:22 pm

Very Happy

Last edited by TheBaldyBuddha on Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
TheBaldyBuddha
TheBaldyBuddha
Admin

Back to top Go down

In-Game Stories Empty Re: In-Game Stories

Post by Cuz Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:13 pm

You beat me to it! Lol.
I couldn't possibly wait several days to post about smashing Div 3 last night. Best ever season with 22 pts from 8 games, bit of a turn up. The draw obviously came when I needed 3 pts for promotion, against one of the weaker opponents.

Here's the thing, I've had a really good couple of weeks, repeat wins of the champions shield, wins in the TOTY cup and this nothing but the best thing, alongside promotion from 4 and that 3 title.
Couple things I'm wondering. If my new approach is paying off- I've had several sessions where things just haven't worked out in the cup so switched to seasons and started winning and vice versa. Natural move for me after the seasons title is to hit the cups next time I'm on.
The featured cups tho, no luck whatsoever in them after picking up the win. Both cups, repeat efforts never even got to the semi. EA conspiracy obv.
The other thing was a roundly derided thread on the FIFA forums where a guy claimed that his teams need exactly 100 games before they start being consistent, every team is an up and down pile of rubbish till it gets that far. Now I don't believe that for a second but... All my new teams have been largely rubbish, to the point where I've now ditched them. Every time after using them, I've switched back to the old faithful pair, gone on win streaks and survived the odd hiccups. A lot to be said for being comfortable and confident with the team ofc.
So it's a ridiculous claim and rightly derided but you know...

TIF Higuain watch. 27 in 29 now. Hit 2 in my title winning game and earlier today, hit 4 in one game, one an absolute peach. Utterly preposterous game tho, saved the video and may post it somewhere at some point.
Cuz
Cuz

Back to top Go down

Post by KoolKiwi Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:58 pm

Yeah Cuz - do agree that there's that point you get comfortable & confident with a team - and nothing to do with a set # of games.

Impressive run with the teams too - well done!

Last nights games - all solo (keep having to say this Very Happy) ... not so good. Our few co-op games meant we were 3-0-0. Started OK with a well-fought 1-0 win (Iniesta with the winner) against a decent player with a front line of Neymar-Suarez-Robben. One of those opponents that 'starts well with quick passes' and when a goal down turns to 'noobishly sprinting, zig-zag runs, hoofing it forward'.

And then it went downhill. 0-2-4 for the remainder of the evening. The draw in the last game, scoring later to equalise, meant 'we' stayed up. Now, the past 2 seasons I have pretty much stayed up in D1 playing solo. This season would've definitely meant relegation & to be honest, I should've taken that relegation.

Overall, I feel your pain more now, playing a lot more games solo. Last night I could have played more, but I was over ...
• players running into my line in the midfield
• players running into my line before shooting with a goal kick the result
• offside players
• player switching as bad as in co-op - worse in a sense as at least we have one 'intelligent' defender

Started watching a movie.

TIF Higuain - good stuff mate. Sold our 'pulled' copy too - bit of a 'spur of the moment' thing given my pretty poor run. Also, he had 5 in 15 so that certainly did not help.

I actually am thinking that the 2 different 433 formations is partly causing an issue. The superb, nimble Iniesta alternating with Higuain - think that's part of the reason. Even the non-rare team has Cabella & Ben Yedder 'front & centre'. Hmmm ...
KoolKiwi
KoolKiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Cuz Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:47 pm

KoolKiwi wrote:Overall, I feel your pain more now, playing a lot more games solo. Last night I could have played more, but I was over ...
• players running into my line in the midfield
• players running into my line before shooting with a goal kick the result
• offside players
• player switching as bad as in co-op - worse in a sense as at least we have one 'intelligent' defender

Yeah, these are all pretty annoying things for me. Offside passing is by far the worst tho. 2nd is switching, although I think I've largely adapted to it there is still plenty of moments when there's literally nothing you can do.
Your own players getting in your way is a pain but it generally amuses rather than annoys me as it's not a constant thing, more like random incidents. I put it in the same bracket as bizarre own goals to laugh off.
Offside passing p*sses me right off.

Completed my sell off, some surprising returns. Most of the low value NIFs I bought last week have doubled in value, lots I picked up for minimum or just above and sold for 1.5k and up. Biggest % return on Mertens, 700 in 2.7k out. Made 6.5k on David Silva, 3k on Coutinho.... All in all, a nice turnaround on about 25+ players.
Decided to spend on NIF Benzema and Pogba for the A team. So now the really bloody irritating process of trying to pick up 2 incredibly popular (and no doubt overpriced) players for marginally less than absolutely EVERYONE is paying.
Cuz
Cuz

Back to top Go down

Post by KoolKiwi Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:11 pm

This market is screwed up.

I sold off 4 of those high-rated IF's - around 635 (pre tax). They're valued now at 1.058M Surprised

KoolKiwi
KoolKiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Cuz Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:14 pm

I have noticed that all bets are off this year, lol. I've stopped looking at the FIFA forum for market predictions.
Cuz
Cuz

Back to top Go down

Post by KoolKiwi Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:14 pm

Cuz wrote:Offside passing p*sses me right off.
What gets me too on this one, is the delay on the pass. When I click 'soft through ball', it seems like there's a hesitation on the passer, but the receiver already starts his run. Offside!

However, if it's a pass, he still seems to make the run, so it's either offside OR the defender takes one step forward and intercepts the ball.

AAARRGGHHHH!!!
KoolKiwi
KoolKiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBaldyBuddha Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:19 pm

or the bloody shit just halts his run as you press the pass button
TheBaldyBuddha
TheBaldyBuddha
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cuz Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:27 pm

See, those p*ss me off but the biggest one is when I didn't even want to pass to him!

So people are bidding Pogba up over his lowest BIN. Makes sense.
Cuz
Cuz

Back to top Go down

Post by KoolKiwi Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:23 am

Yeah - whatever coding is in there, that automatically tries to find the furthest forward player, is just wrong. Idiots should fix it.
KoolKiwi
KoolKiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Cuz Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:00 am

Well now, history in the making for me. held Div 2 last night, 1st time ever. More than that, 4 pts from the last 3 games will put me in Div 1. Something I'm not too fussed about- the amount of 433 wing pace skill spam last night had me teetering on the brink of boredom.
Strange run of games really. Couldn't do a thing right in the cup so switched to seasons, won 1, lost 4-3, then proceeded to go undefeated in my next 5, conceding just once. Not had the best defence recently, despite winning, so a bit of a turn up.

Brought in Benzema and played a few with him. Attack felt really flat and tho he did some good work, he didn't score, so back out he went. Action Jackson livened things up immeasurably on his return.
As such, I'm so-so on Pogba too now, figure I might get the PSG front 4 of Cavani, Di Maria, Pastore and Ibra, put them in for my BBVA front 4 and have the 2 versions rotate with the B team in 4 squads. Interested to try them out and particularly tempted by the size and physicality of Ibra and Cavani at CCAM and ST.
They were actually the front 2 in my best team ever, a 352 on FUT 11 or 12 that won something ridiculous like 32 from 35... before going mysteriously tits up.
Cuz
Cuz

Back to top Go down

Post by TWS001 Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:45 pm

Really want to play a few games now. Couple more days and it'll be 2 weeks without internet apart from one match when it briefly worked. They better fix it on Tuesday......

Been looking at transfers. Colombian League has a new star player. Ibarbo! Team idea already forming with him and a perfect link to another transfer Cardenas.

Been on FM08 the past day whilst not asleep with the flu. Spanish amateur team Denia have had an upturn in fortunes with 5-1, 0-1, 1-0 and 1-0 scorelines since I took charge. The last match was a 1-0 away win at the unbeaten league leaders where I was 15\1 to win! Have a CAM called Nene who is carrying my team at the moment. Been getting better coaches in place which is easy. No one has contracts being an amateur team so no cost releasing any coaches or players. Downside is my players can leave whenever they want. A couple are already getting other clubs interested in the 4 games I've played.

TWS001

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum